Most of these are great projects to do with the kids.
1. Modeling clay: Most recipes call for flour or cornstarch and are really simple to put together. Find some recipes here:
2. Root beer: Here’s a recipe that sounds really good. It is made with vanilla, wintergreen, ginger, licorice, and sarsaparilla.
3. Kites: Simple diamond shape kite instructions are everywhere on the internet!
4. Bubbles: Make gallons of the stuff for practically nothing!
5. Lava lamp: You can find out how to make your own by clicking here:
6. Hula hoop: Making your own using poly tubing. Instructions found by clicking here:
7. Crayons: You can make your own with food coloring and ivory soap flakes.
8. Finger paint: I used this recipe for years when my kids were little!
9. Incense: This site is awesome and teaches you how to make your own.
10. Sparklers, smoke bombs, fireworks: check out
11. Snowshoes: Find out different ways of making them here:
12. Paper: You can make all different kinds with all different textures.
13. Flip-flops: These sandals are made using fabric scraps of your own choosing and are really cute!
14. Piñata: Lots of great ideas and inspirations for making your own custom piñata.
15. Snow sled: This is so cool! It is made out of pallets.
16. Rubber stamps: Straightforward instructions using erasers.
17. Hydroponics’ Nutrients solution:
18. Easy bake oven mixes: I remember buying the mixes and they were so pricey.
19. Slip and slide: I am going to have my husband make one for our kids ASAP. Too fun!
20. Light Saber: My teenage son is in to star wars and is going to like this one!
What kind of fun stuff do you make yourself? Please share!
Terrific list! Thank you. Bookmarking this 🙂
Thanks, I had fun making it!
Should my daughter ever use up her mountain of pens, pencils and crayons (and not get anymore as presents from others) I will definitely try out your suggestion. I think she will enjoy that, too!
We have mountains of crayons also. Maybe we will do a project melting them on a bottle or something!
That sounds an interesting plan!
Some great ideas I’m going too try some with the kids!
Great! Let me know how it goes!
I LOVE this information!
I will be looking at making incense who knew!
Reblogged this on savedollarblog and commented:
Add your thoughts here… (optional)