Most of these are great projects to do with the kids.
1. Modeling clay: Most recipes call for flour or cornstarch and are really simple to put together. Find some recipes here:
2. Root beer: Here’s a recipe that sounds really good. It is made with vanilla, wintergreen, ginger, licorice, and sarsaparilla.
3. Kites: Simple diamond shape kite instructions are everywhere on the internet!
4. Bubbles: Make gallons of the stuff for practically nothing!
5. Lava lamp: You can find out how to make your own by clicking here:
6. Hula hoop: Making your own using poly tubing. Instructions found by clicking here:
7. Crayons: You can make your own with food coloring and ivory soap flakes.
8. Finger paint: I used this recipe for years when my kids were little!
9. Incense: This site is awesome and teaches you how to make your own.
10. Sparklers, smoke bombs, fireworks: check out
11. Snowshoes: Find out different ways of making them here:
12. Paper: You can make all different kinds with all different textures.
13. Flip-flops: These sandals are made using fabric scraps of your own choosing and are really cute!
14. Piñata: Lots of great ideas and inspirations for making your own custom piñata.
15. Snow sled: This is so cool! It is made out of pallets.
16. Rubber stamps: Straightforward instructions using erasers.
17. Hydroponics’ Nutrients solution:
18. Easy bake oven mixes: I remember buying the mixes and they were so pricey.
19. Slip and slide: I am going to have my husband make one for our kids ASAP. Too fun!
20. Light Saber: My teenage son is in to star wars and is going to like this one!
What kind of fun stuff do you make yourself? Please share!